Friday, May 30, 2014

Some Odds and Ends

It's been a while since my last entry, so I figured I should share some new photos with you.

I'll start off with what could be considered a continuation of my last post -- some beach glass earrings.

These first ones are not available as I gave them away as a gift, but I'll post them so you have an idea of the kind of design I'm working on.  These feature smallish pieces of white/clear beach glass, fresh water pearls, icy blue seed beads, and silver-plated copper wire.


As you can see, I kept the wrap simple so as to showcase the beach glass.

This next pair is $39.  It makes use of the same materials, minus the seed beads, but the design is very different.  I used a lighter gauge of wire and made the wrap a bit more complex.


That's it for beach glass.  Next up are a pair of earrings I made for my mom for Mother's Day.  Obviously, these particular ones are not for sale, but if people like them I can make similar ones using the same or different stones.  These are made with faceted tiger's eye beads.  One nice thing about these earrings is they are super light weight.


My next two pieces are not actually jewellery.  I had a request to make some wine glass identifiers/personalizers, so I made a couple prototypes for the person who made the request to test out.  Currently they are in the testing phase to see how they hold up to use.

The first type is a clip type.  You just "snap" it around the stem of your wine glass (or in the case of my quick photos, my super cheap made-in-China plastic martini glass) and then if needed pinch it closed a little again so it won't slip right off.  The goal was to get the wire so it is sort of springy and "closes" on its own again.  We'll see how it holds up after use, but here's the general design.


The next type is a spiral type.  I made this with a heavier gauge of wire.  For this one you feed the stem of the wine glass through the spiral until it gets to the center.


I have quite a few ideas for charms for these (though I was pleasantly surprised at how nice these little plastic tulip ones looked), so I hope at least one type holds up pretty well and I can make a few sets.

That's it for today.  More photos to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment